Is there a Re-Set Button somewhere on my body?
I have really fallen off the BFC wagon this past week or so, and I can tell the difference! I feel bloated and groggy, with a constant headache. My muscles are achy and my mind is foggy and irritable. I stopped keeping track of what I was eating, and was allowing more bad carbs and sugar into my diet. During the first few days, I felt like I was still doing "pretty well"... having something bad only once a day. I was having a lot of beer (it was the kind that was okay on the diet, but it's still not a good idea to drink 6-9 cans in one night... night after night, just to de-stress). But the more I allowed myself to slip, the more slippery the slope became. One trip to McDonalds turned into two, then Taco Time and other fast food restaurants snuck in. I ate half a basket of fresh baked bread from Tomato Street before my entre of Portabello Chicken Ravioli. Then I was choosing carbs that were not as healthy, just because I "wanted" them and found ways to excuse my poor choices. I said yes to that amazing Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake dessert, celebrating my brother's return from the Army. And I couldn't make myself pass up the scoop of Pralines and Caramel at Baskin Robbins, justified as celebration for the purchase of our new van... You see where this all goes...
It's really due to a lack of planning on my part, and an un-willingness to go to the grocery store! I'll stand at the fridge and wait for something healthy to magically appear, and when it doesn't, I turn around and grab the last 1/4 bag of Dorito's, justifying myself every step of the way. I need to re-charge... re-set. I think the best move I can make right now is to first... journal this idea so that I have some accountability again. Second... start to journal my food intake again, making sure to stick to the tried and true 15/6 rule. Third... make a list of the foods that I really enjoy on this program, and fourth... go stock up! If it's there, I'll eat it. Plain and simple. If good stuff is there, I'll eat the good stuff. Cutting corners at the grocery store just to get out of there faster is only hurting my progress.
Alright body... I see the button... PRESS!
(yes, it was my belly button... smart people.)
Here we go! Enough cutting corners! Invest in your health! Spend the money on food that is going to benefit you the greatest! It's not "over" because of one bad week. Re-Set.
I hear ya! I've also struggled this week, mostly due to stress and the ever-present chocolate goodies at work. I mean, when someone brings you a treat it's rude to not eat it, right? :o) I'm pressing the reset button right along with you...we can do it!
ReplyDeleteYes maam! I know! I feel bad when people prepare awesome desserts and I stick my nose up in the air at it! But nobody shoved my face in the bread basket! I've just been super lazy. I buy all the food for the daycare and the bill gets so high so fast that I tend to skimp on the kinds of foods that I really need for ME. And Safeway ran out of my favorite bread, so I didn't want to drive to another store just for that. But I should. I have things that I love on this diet that make me feel awesome. I just have to buy em. I'm only cheating myself!
ReplyDeleteHi Five Chica! We can do it. RE-SET!!